Jun 5, 2009

Do you RSS?

So I says to my sister the other day, I says, "Yeah, ever since Alan taught me what an RSS reader is, I follow, like, 160 blogs."

"I don't know what that is," my sister said.

In basic terms, an RSS reader brings you updates from your favorite websites and blogs, as long as they post in an RSS feed, which everyone worth their salt does.

"How does one get an RSS reader?" you may be asking yourself. It's pretty much a lock that you already have one on your web browser. Here are some tutorial videos on following RSS feeds.

Firefox:

IE:


Google Reader:
(Of course, if you're using Google Reader, you probably didn't need this video.)

I can't think of a better way to test your newfound RSS prowess than by subscribing to our feed. Go ahead, give it a shot!

No comments: